Monday, May 17, 2010

Persistence of [Hatred]

Razor Blades and Lemons. A.k.a. what I'd rather have over my classes today. Not such a big deal, but just burned out and tired of this state. Religion in a titch. People here are so...ignorant of anything other than Lutheran or Christian of Scandinavian/European descent. Ah well, only here for another week anyhow. I guess it doesn't matter too much. But the degree of stupidity in this religion class, or in my anthropology lecture, just concerns me. It's getting harder to wake up for lectures/discussions when I know there's no real new information i could learn from my fellow students. Example:

Discussion today about responses to terrorism and cycle of violence. "We should arrest all the terrorists and then they can't attack us." Not going to elaborate on WHO gave up this nugget of info, but it's a college lecture, so they are at least 18 years old. Genius. To my mind, I feel that there is no way to organize a government so that no one feels oppressed. If terrorism and religious violence arise from oppression, there's no way to "equally" represent interests in government, thus ensuring the persistence of hatred. 


No comments:

Post a Comment