And there is only you, my darling.
You who are waiting, a block away, for a packed bag and a whisper before we disappear into the night.
As I pack, I can only think of what awaits us tonight and tomorrow. Tonight, and tomorrow, we are free from shame, of what we must do to protect our images. Protect ourselves. From what? Ignorance and stupidity. Though, in an hour, we shall be leaving for somewhere where we don't need to hide anything. We will not be regulated to stolen moments, to kisses hidden backstage, to holding hands in a green room. We will be ourselves. Nothing more, no less. And that's all I want. Everything in the last 8 hours....it all was so...touching. I don't rightly know what to call this relationship. Perhaps I never will. But I cannot be bothered to think of a name when I think of the freedom and stolen days ahead of us. Stolen? Not stolen. "Borrowed." After all, we have lives to lead. But for the next few days. I want to pretend they coincide. I want to pretend we could have lives together. I know it's asking for too much from you, but for the next few days, I want you.
I love you. No more, no less.
No comments:
Post a Comment